Fun Maths Family Workshop Cl3
As you may be aware, at The Meadows we are currently working hard to improve children’s fluency and understanding in number. In order to do this, we have introduced daily 20 minute sessions aimed at helping your child to improve their recall of number facts. This is done by playing fun games, singing catchy songs, chanting and by providing children with the opportunity to apply their knowledge when calculating, reasoning and problem solving.
To help you understand the expectations of your child in Class 3 (Milestone 2), you are invited to participate in a FUN Maths family workshop on Monday 5th February between 9:00-9:30am where you will have the opportunity to:
- Find out about what number facts you child is expected to know by Y4.
- Have first-hand experience playing the games and singing songs that your children are in school.
- Work with your child to complete a range of activities designed to help them improve their fluency of number.
- Have examples of activities which could be completed at home to support your child’s learning.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the expectations for your child’s learning in Maths in Class 3.
As we have limited space, we will run two workshops simultaneously– one for Y3 and one for Y4- and request that only one adult attends per child. Please see the letter which will be sent home today for more information about how to participate.